The Hearth Bread Gift Box – Price includes flat rate shipping
We ship bread Monday and Tuesday to ensure it arrives it good shape.
The Hearth Breads Gift Box
Wheat Grown Organically by Fritz Durst in Capay, CA
The gift of high quality, healthy foods never goes out of style. We've put together a series of gift boxes to share your love of Community Grains' Identity Preserved, 100% whole grain products. Plus, we've carefully procured a line of accompaniments from our community of Bay Area farmers and producers. The kraft gift box with a Community Grains sticker fits into the shipping box so it can be pulled out and wrapped or given directly to keep in the spirit of gift giving. *Please note that these items fit into this box, exactly. Therefore, as much as we would like to, we are unable to add to it.
The Identity Preserved Hearth Breads Gift Box Includes:
- Two 18oz loaves of our Identity Preserved, par-baked Hearth Breads
- One 17oz jar of whole milled peanut butter by The Food Mill - in gift box: Oakland, CA
- Two 8oz jars of organic fruit conserve by Frog Hollow Farm - in gift box: Brentwood, CA
- Four Single Serve Bags of Mr. Espresso Organic Seven Bridges Blend Coffee
All Community Grains products are 100% whole milled, grain intact.
Identity Preserved items take Community Grains’ commitment to transparency to the next level. Our 23 Points of Identity tells the whole story. Enter the batch # (found on your box of pasta & polenta) on our site for detailed information about the wheat variety, and how it was grown, stored, and milled.
The bread is parbaked, which means that it is partially baked then rapidly frozen so you can bake it at home and enjoy it fresh from the oven. Please note, the bread will arrive thawed -- you should freeze or bake within 2-3 days.
This hearth bread is delicious everyday bread that you want baked fresh with dinner and toasted for breakfast the next day. It's fermented for 12+ hours using a natural starter - making this bread good for digestion. It also keeps well because the special milling of the flour allows the dough to take on and hold more water, which translates to the fantastically structured crumb that retains moisture over time.
IP Hearth Bread:
- 100% Whole Grain & Whole Milled
- Grown in California & stone-milled in Oregon
- Identity Preserved (100% Traceable from seed to table!)
- Ingredients: Organic whole wheat flour, organic cracked hard red wheat, water, sourdough starter (water, wheat flour, whole wheat flour, malted barley flour), sea salt. Seeded loaves also include sesame seeds, whole brown flax seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Contains Wheat. Made in a facility that also handles Dairy, Egg, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Peanuts, Soy.
Storage & Baking instructions:
STORAGE: Your bread was shipped frozen and may arrive thawed. You may refreeze the loaf and bake when you are ready. The preferred method is to bake as soon as it arrives, let it cool, slice it to your liking, place it back in the freezer-safe plastic bag it was shipped in, put it in the freezer, and toast the sliced portions as needed.
BAKING: For a crisp crust, pat-down the bread with water before baking.
Bake from Thawed: Pre-heat your oven to 385°F. Place the bread directly on the rack and bake for 18 minutes. The bread is done when the crust is firm and the loaf is well browned.
Bake from Frozen: Pre-heat your over to 450°F. Place the bread directly on the rack and bake for 25 minutes. Your bread is done when the center of the loaf is warm. Test by inserting a knife or other instrument from the underside of the loaf.
Let the loaf cool on an open-air rack for 30-45 minutes before slicing.