Shipping & Handling
1. Timing. Our main shipping days for most products are Monday and Friday. Orders for our bread* ship out on Monday and Tuesday mornings. (NOTE: The cutoff for weekly bread orders is 10am PT Tuesday.)
If you need your order by a specific day, please email us at shipping@community grains.com, and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
2. Transparency. Community Grains is a small business, which means that we have very little control over our shipping rates. Due to constant fluctuation in shipping costs, basing our rates on the weight and size of products, as well as the destination, is the fairest and most transparent way for us to get our goods to you.
3. Environment. We use recyclable paper and cardboard shipping supplies. We also reuse materials when possible. We offer bulk sizes on some items for minimal packaging and best value.
*As a reminder, our Identity Preserved Hearth Bread will arrive thawed—you should refrigerate, freeze, or bake it immediately. Click here for storage and baking instructions.
1. May I pick up directly from your Oakland office?
Yes. We have some items available for sale in our partner restaurant/cafe, Oliveto. All other items may be ordered through our website and picked up at Oliveto Cafe during the restaurant's operating hours of Sunday-Thursday, 8am-9pm | Friday-Saturday, 8am-9:30pm. For parbaked Identity Preserved Hearth Bread orders, we ask that you let us know when you plan to pick up. This way, the bread maintains its freshness and integrity in our freezer, until you collect it. Please email email@example.com to coordinate.
2. What happens if my items are damaged when they arrive?
We realize that items may arrive in a condition different to that of when we shipped them, due to how they are handled in transit. If you notice any damage, please let us know by taking a picture of the damage and emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may notify the carrier. Please include your name and order number number in the email.
3. Do you offer wholesale pricing?
For wholesale inquiries, please email email@example.com.